Extreme Comfort Air Conditioning & Heating has been serving Highland Park residents since we opened our doors in 2004. Locally owned and operated, Extreme Comfort provides AC Repair, AC Maintenance, HVAC Service, Sales, and New AC Installation for Highland Park families.
Licensed & Insured
Our team of HVAC technicians are certified and have passed background checks performed by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations (TDLR).
Fast & Reliable AC Installation in Highland Park
There comes a point when repairing your AC unit is cost prohibitive and it just makes financial sense to replace your failing Air Conditioner with a NEW, high efficiency system that has a 10 year warranty. Extreme Comfort Advisors are trained to help explain the cost benefit analysis of repairing vs replacing your existing Air Conditioning System and are happy to help you examine all the options, even if that means repairing your existing system in an effort to get “just one more summer” out of it. We understand. We just want to help you make the best decision for your family. Call an Extreme Comfort Advisor today for a FREE, no obligation new system estimate.
Selecting A New Air Conditioner
Most of the time when people refer to their air conditioner, they are talking about the entire AC system that includes the outdoor condenser, the furnace and the indoor coil. These three components make up a complete Air Conditioning system.
The process of selecting a NEW AC System can be overwhelming, but rest assured, we are here to help make it simple. There are three main areas to consider when choosing a new system:
- Efficiency: Efficiency is measured by a SEER rating. SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficient Ratio and is a mathematical measurement of how efficient an air conditioning system uses electricity. It is like a miles per gallon rating on new cars. The key to a SEER rating is it measures how efficient the entire, matched AC system uses electricity. In other words, just installing a new 22 SEER outdoor condenser into an older, existing indoor coil and furnace WILL NOT realize a 22 SEER rating. You can learn more about SEER ratings in our Maintenance Tips.
- Features: The features available with a new AC Installation range from a conventional single-stage system to a variable-speed system that can increase your comfort and reduce your energy costs.
- Budget: We are very respectful of the fact that you work hard for your money so we always have your families best interest in mind when we make repair or replace recommendations. If you have a budget in mind, we will always try to work within those parameters.
Do you have an Air Conditioning Emergency in Highland Park?
If you are experiencing any of the air conditioning issues described below, call Extreme Comfort right away and we will dispatch a AC Repair technician to help fix your problem.
- Unusual or loud noises from your outside AC unit or your Furnace: A properly functioning air conditioning system will make a smooth, consistent noise when it is running; however, clanking or banging sounds coming from your system are an indication of a loose or damaged part. This issues needs to be addressed IMMEDIATELY. Failure to repair a damaged part could lead to a more costly repair or total AC system replacement.
- AC Blowing Hot Air: The first sign of trouble usually appears when your AC system is no longer cooling and only blowing hot or warm air. Most of the time this is a very simple refrigerant or Freon issue that can be easily fixed with an AC repair service call.
- Leaking Air Conditioners: A little condensation around your outside AC unit on a humid day is not unusual, however standing water or pebbles collecting under your HVAC system can be a sign of a refrigerant leak that may need repair. With the price of refrigerant (Freon), the sooner a leak is fixed the less expensive the AC repair will be.
- Unresponsive Thermostat: Is your thermostat blank or reading 72° but your home is hot and humid? This is the sign of a failing thermostat, but the good news is it is usually a repair that can be quickly managed.
- Unpleasant Or Burning Smells: Burnt wiring is a sign of a potentially dangerous issue that could lead to an electrical fire. If you smell something burning coming from your air conditioning system, it is critical that you shut-off your AC system immediately and call for emergency service.
Save Money With Preventative Maintenance
There is a reason that manufacturers require annual check-ups to keep your warranty valid, they know that a properly maintained AC system will often outlive the warranty as opposed to a system that goes unchecked year after year. Therefore air conditioning and heating system check-ups twice a year not only help maintain your manufacturer’s warranty but they will help identify minor problems before they become expensive repairs. You can rest easy as the heat of the summer melts Highland Park knowing that your investment is protected by the Comfort Club.