Reasons to replace your old HVAC system:
A typical air conditioning system will last between 12-15 years; if your air conditioning system is reaching that age it may be financially beneficial to consider a new unit.
Signs that your ac unit may need to be replaced:
- The Air Conditioning system needs repair or service on a more regular basis.
- Your home feels warm in the summer or cold in the winter.
- Your house has a lack of air movement.
- The AC unit is making odd or unusual sounds.
- You smell strange odors coming from either your inside or exterior units.
- The outside compressor has a tendency to ice up or freeze.
- AC system is not blowing cold air.
- Your Furnace is not blowing hot air.
- Your cooling bills are getting higher.
Benefits of replacing your air conditioning system:
When your air flow is properly calculated and adjusted, one of the first benefits you will notice is your home will feel more comfortable throughout.
- More energy efficient system with a higher SEER rating.
- Increased air flow.
- Hot and cold spots are reduced.
- New systems are quieter.
- New system will remove more humidity.
- Cleaner air with a better filtration system.
- Remote control with a programmable thermostat.
- A new warranty will give you years of worry-free comfort.
Improved energy efficiency & lower utility bills with a higher SEER rating
As a central air conditioning system gets older, it uses more energy and becomes less efficient. That 10 or 12 SEER system that was installed in your home 10-15 years ago is far less effective than its original rating. Learn more about SEER ratings here.
Do you have hot or cold spots in your home? This is often caused by reduced air flow to a particular part of your house.
A new air conditioning system might solve this issue; however the key is to make sure there is sufficient air flow to all areas of your home. If your home has hot or cold spots, let us know so we can provide a custom solution for your particular situation.
It may be as simple as adding additional supply or return ducts to various areas of your home; or possibly installing and adjusting manual or remote balancing dampers in your existing duct system. These solutions along with your new AC system will make all the areas of your home feel comfortable and balanced.
Better indoor air quality air purification
Many older air conditioning and heating systems use a simple 1” air filter which is usually smaller than the air filters with a new system today. Most new systems are designed with at least a 4” thick filter. A thicker air filter has more surface area to trap air borne particulates. Learn more about home air filters here.
If someone in your home has allergies or breathing issues, a whole house air purifier could be beneficial for you. Our whole house air purifier uses UV light to help disinfect the air you breathe from particulates, biologicals including some viruses, and odors. Learn more about a whole house air purifier here.
Higher SEER ratings, Variable Speed Compressors, Wireless Remote Thermostats, Communicating Systems, Better Filtration Systems and Environmentally Friendly Refrigerant are just some of the features a new air conditioning system will offer. Plus a new HVAC system includes a new warranty which will keep you comfortable for years to come.
SAVE up to $2000 with Instant Cash Rebates
How much does it cost to replace a central air conditioning unit?
There are many variables that go into the answer to that question:
- Is the system gas or electric?
- Is the furnace (furnace, coil, plenum) in the attic or in a closet?
- Will the new unit fit though the attic staircase or into your closet?
- Are the circuit breakers sufficient and up to current code?
- Do you have hot or cold spots in your home?
- How long do you plan on staying in this home?
- Does anyone in your home have allergies or breathing issues?
- Is there a brand of air conditioning system that you are looking for?
- Do you want financing?
In order for us to put a price on paper an Extreme Comfort adviser will evaluate your home and ask you a series of comfort questions so we design a system that YOU want not a system that we want to sell you. We are here to solve your air conditioning issues and install an ac system that will keep you and your family comfortable for years to come.